If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip update

Siobhanmcnab12Siobhanmcnab12 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there i was looking to see if anyone can help me,my boyfriend has chronic pain in back and legs it was to see when i call up pip to inform them that his health is changed will his money go up at all?


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, if your boyfriend is already receiving the benefit PIP and his condition has worsened since his award was granted then informing the DWP that his condition has worsened and Will remain so for the foreseeable future then a change in circumstances will have taken place and you will have to go through the whole process of applying for PIP again and another F2F assessment which will or does not guarantee your boyfriend will get an enhancement in either of his awards or keep his original award. Focus on the PIP descriptors as these are what your assessment will be based on stressing what happens differently since the first assessment and now. Mine personally was I was becoming more immobile so reported changes filled in form had F2F and was updated from standard mobility to enhanced. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points for a higher award. I'd advise your boyfriend to take a look at the PIP descriptors to see if he could score more points for a higher award.

    When is he due for a review?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.