Pip update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip update

Options
Siobhanmcnab12
Siobhanmcnab12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there i was looking to see if anyone can help me,my boyfriend has chronic pain in back and legs it was to see when i call up pip to inform them that his health is changed will his money go up at all?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, if your boyfriend is already receiving the benefit PIP and his condition has worsened since his award was granted then informing the DWP that his condition has worsened and Will remain so for the foreseeable future then a change in circumstances will have taken place and you will have to go through the whole process of applying for PIP again and another F2F assessment which will or does not guarantee your boyfriend will get an enhancement in either of his awards or keep his original award. Focus on the PIP descriptors as these are what your assessment will be based on stressing what happens differently since the first assessment and now. Mine personally was I was becoming more immobile so reported changes filled in form had F2F and was updated from standard mobility to enhanced. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll score more points for a higher award. I'd advise your boyfriend to take a look at the PIP descriptors to see if he could score more points for a higher award.

When is he due for a review?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.