Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi this is my first post, I'm hoping someone will be able to advise me. I stopped receiving ESA 4 years ago when my Mum passed away and my inheritance took me over the £6000 allowed to enable me to receive ESA. I have fibromyalgia, anxiety and panic attacks....and have been living entirely off my inheritance, which is now down to £9,000 and isn't going to last many more months. I was always told I could reapply for ESA when this happened but I'm worried that rules may have changed or got stricter, and I may be denied ESA. Has anyone been in this situation? I was in the work related group. Will I have to go through all the assessments and interviews again?
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 757 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 675 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.