Spina-bifida and problem getting wind up- anyone experienced a similar thing? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spina-bifida and problem getting wind up- anyone experienced a similar thing?

Options
Chris8
Chris8 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Chris and I have a 4 year old daughter with Spina-bifida and hydrocephalus.
She doesn't have control over her bladder/bowel movements and is a wheelchair user.
She has problems with getting her wind up. Sometimes it causes her to throw up - a lot!
My question is this : Is there anybody else in this forum who has experienced similar problems and if so then what did you do to alleviate this nagging problem?
I fear it's only gonna get worse as she grows.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks guys!

Chris.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Chris8 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team be able to advise.

Please have a look around our website.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.  Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chris8 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you are able to gain advice from the community about this. Have you spoken to a medical professional regarding this? Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Kate_Scope
    Kate_Scope Scope Posts: 74 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Chris8 and welcome to the community. 

my daughter is a full time wheelchair user and we sometimes have problems with wind with her. 

we are lucky she can stand holding onto her wheelchair so we stretch her about a bit and she generally feels relief from that- i get her to stretch her arms in the air and move her waist from side to side. 

The other thing is the GP, a lot  of kids who are wheelchair users are on gaviscon and similar products to relieve the pain and provide some relief. 

Kate 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.