Pip assessment question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment question

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hi don't know if anyone would know the answer to this question, when you go for the f2f assessments if you're on DLA and changing over to pip does the assessor know this information when you go in. 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @te1

I very much doubt it, at my assessment nothing was said about my DLA.

I did get copies of my old DLA claims, to see if there was anything of use for my PIP claim.

There was nothing of use, so I never used it.

Was there something specific you were thinking of?
  • te1
    te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Hi and thank you there was nothing specific just mainly that  I still have same disabilities and some worsening ones I was only on low rate care which was for not being able to prepare a meal but I will probably lose that now changing to pip 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

My best advice is to seek face to face advice from a local welfare rights officer, like CAB.

The more help you get to complete the PIP form, the better.

Hope this helps.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    I doubt that the assessor would know and to be honest even if they did the criteria for a DLA claim/award is totally different to a PIP one.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.