Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Finally got a diagnosis
a couple of weeks ago I went to the doctors with lots of symptoms that I thought were causes by ME my doctor did a few test and then sent me for a chest X-ray, blood test and a ecg. I went back to see him in Monday and he asked me what i thought was causing the symptoms and I said ME he said he agreed. I thought it would take months not a couple of weeks to get a diagnosis. It proves what a good doctor I have got and he is even talking about holistic therapy because he doesn't want to give me lots of pills which is most doctors answer to everything.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.