Assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessments

Lynnecresswell
Lynnecresswell Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Can I ask, is there ever a time when the Jobcentre accept that ones disability is not going to improve, only deteriate over time. On the old system I was given benefit for life as my disability severely restricted what I could do and has since continued to destroy my joints. I have nothing to hide as I am a genuine disabled person so to me it seems a shame to waste time on these sessions when I will never improve 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
     @Lynncresswell,
    Hello and welcome, this make sense to most, all of us in this your situation. But the powers that be can't or won't use their brains to save the nation, tax payer and you and I from unnecessary stress and anxiety. That would be to easy, there will always be a need for assessments for those trying it on or border line cases. 
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    something you maybe fail to understand, the DWP provides work, the assessors are the same, these are jobs, someone in governments are more than likely on the boards or family and friends of some of there out sourced 3rd party companies, so some may have some hidden interests etc, as it's never been about saving money, as tbh lets be honest, if a government ever wished to save money, reforms wouldn't be one way of doing it, cutting costs would be better in other area's, like the train line HS2 etc or other daft projects where only a small number gain, and no overall country wide people don't, MP's sit in London, where cost wise it makes sense to move elsewhere, cheaper etc, same as everything, it's not about savings, it's about how to waste, the DWP is like the NHS, a cash cow where everyone onboard the gravy boat gets a good living, while others on the bread line are told to tighten your belts or even get off, there's always plenty of 100k a year telling others on 5k a year you get too much, Tribunals and out sources to the assessors etc don't come cheap, add in those cost to what they keep saying they have saved on boarder line cases, and i bet the cost saving wouldn't be the drinks bill for one department in government

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.