PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Dla to pip

te1te1 Member Posts: 50 Connected
Hi I have been on DLA for quite a few years receiving the lower rate of care component. I rang dwp to report a change in my circumstances and  knew I would have to then apply for pip. I am aware that first time claims for pip that are successful will have their payments backdated to the date they applied. My question is would that apply to myself or will I only be awarded it from when the dwp decide to write to me or would it be from the date of my f2f assessment. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When transferring from DLA to PIP there's no backdated payments. If the PIP claim is successful then payments start approximately 3-4 weeks after your DLA ends. DLA continues for a further 4 weeks after the PIP decision is made so PIP payments start about 7-8 weeks after the decision is made.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • te1te1 Member Posts: 50 Connected
    Thank you I've got a while to wait then
Sign in or join us to comment.