PIP experience — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP experience

Robbins2019
Robbins2019 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Lee  my experience with pip   I have c o p d  high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I also have mental health problems . On the 18 feb I went for a rea assessment even though on the form nothing had changed about my condition so I was surprised to receive a letter telling me I had lost 2 points and my money would be stopped.  These were 2 points I had already been awarded and now there being taken from me.   Why because the h c p said I don't need help with my toilet needs. At no point  at the  assessment  was my toilet needs ever mentioned . To sit in front of a woman you have never met before and talk about your toilet need s is something you would remember.  Having c o p d limits me from bending over and getting on and off the toilet.   I have  a walk in shower and hand rails fitted to the shower and rails to help me on and off the toilet. The walk in shower and hand rails was arranged for me by my mental health services so you can see how surprised I was to lose 2 points to something that was never disguised.               Now what I don't understand is how busy they say they are.  I was awarded pip from 19 8 2016 to 5 10 2019  why did they call me in 9 months early and from the time of  my assessment to me receiving a letter in the post telling me they were taking 2 points of me and stopping my money it only took 10 workworking days and yet it has now been 10 weeks since I asked them to reconsider  I have heard nothing from them and when I phone I get told it will be 5weeks 8weeks 12weeks  as they are busy but not to busy to call you in 9 months early or to take money from you in 10 days.     I now only get  £22.65 aweek for mobility and nothing for daily living.   I think these  h c p need to be held accountable for their decisions.  THE first time I applied for pip the  h c p said I was not suffering from mental health as I went to the assessment on my own.  Just because you go on your own does not  mean that your not suffering with metal health problems to me that s like saying am thinking about killing myself to night would you accompany me.  The h c p new more than my doctor and my mental health team that saw to me .pip have never taken my mental health problems seriously and I don't know if I was ever meant to get points for mental health problems. I have only ever been awarded the standard rate and now I don't even get that all because of 2 points. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Robbins2019

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems with your pip assessment.

We have got some good info/advice on our community.

Please please let me know if you need any further help/support.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome to the community @Robbins2019.
    I'm very sorry to read about your most recent PIP assessment. From what you've written I understand you're currently waiting for the results of a mandatory reconsideration? 
    Just so you're aware, only a small proportion of these change the decision so you may need to take your case to appeal. 
    Please ask if you have any questions or we can help with any of this. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.