I can't even comprehend this PiP anymore — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I can't even comprehend this PiP anymore

Options
Las7imelord
Las7imelord Community member Posts: 3 Listener
So in 2018, I had a person come out and do my assessment, I failed according to her with 4 points in needing help planning and following a journey.

I sent in for an assessment and got turned down again, she wrote she was adamant she was right. 

So I sent to the Tribunal.

During this time  I got a letter back with her saying that the court should dismiss this (No joke they wrote that in there, sick *****).

Then I got my letter back, I not only won PiP at standard rate, I also got Mobility, with over 18 points. 

So after a long time and not thinking I was going to win, I suddenly came to the conclusion, I might need to change my bank details, so I rang to do this as I don't ave my old account anymore, this is where it got interesting and comes to my question, seeing as most of this is back story/rant.

They accepted my bank details but told me that, PiP in fact, CAN appeal the decision of the court, it will take 8 weeks to decide if they are going to accept me on PiP and pay out.

8 weeks, seriously? So does this mean they are going to dispute it and then I have to go back through court? 

Can they over ride a court? 

And why are they so mean there? What do they get from being this horrible to anyone?

I have worked for the Job Centre back in the day and yeah they was extremely cruel, they would make a joke of their power and seriously, how is this humane?

Any help or advice will help, thank you kind people for reading.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news. DWP have the same chance we have to appeal the decision but they can only do this if an error in law is made.

They have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. Asking for the statement of reasons doesn't mean they will appeal. They do sometimes request this but it means nothing.

Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Las7imelord
    Las7imelord Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, for some reason my post for made like 4 times because it kept failing to post, not sure what that was about.

Thank you for letting me know, it is still a bit of a joke though, im seeing and hearing in the news about terminally ill people get this abuse and it's making me feel sick, I'm grateful I'm not terminally ill but still, the amount of time this takes and abuse (it feels like abuse) from the last year has been rough and long.

Cannot believe they get to appeal over a judge and a doctor at the court, it's really weird.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the Tribunal hadn't gone in your favour then you would have requested the statement of reasons, the DWP can do the same.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.