Re dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re dla to pip

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 176 Courageous
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My daughters been on dla for about 2 years in January they took into consideration the change in circumstances that I sent in and awarded her a higher award until 10.6.2020 she is 16 on 11.6.2019 next month, does this mean that they won’t ask her to (me as I’m her appointee) to reapply for p I p before next year ?? 

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    For those who are still receiving a DLA award and are/will be over 16 they will be called to transfer over to PIP. No idea when as the system is creaking under the pressure of new and repeat PIP claims. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I would wait till you are invited to migrate from DLA to PIP and continue to collect and keep all or any new or additional information, evidence that will or could be used to support your eventual PIP migration. 
  • gerrys6
    So do u think it could be as soon as she turns 16 next month or will the date in the latest award of June 2020 mean it ll be then ? Obviously I’m not going to pre empt it in any way !! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will most likely be as soon as she reaches 16.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    How long do they give you to fill in the form and send it back ? 
    Mom already trying to collect the various doctors letters . 
    I find form filling extremely stressful and suffer with my own problems should I take it somewhere else to be filled in? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    gerrys6 said:
    How long do they give you to fill in the form and send it back ? 
    Mom already trying to collect the various doctors letters . 
    I find form filling extremely stressful and suffer with my own problems should I take it somewhere else to be filled in? 
    Usually it's 1 month but could be slightly less than that by the time it's received. She can ring DWP to request an extra 14 days to return it.

If you have a local CAB in your area then your mum could ring them to make an appointment for help with filling it in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.