If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you feel right now in one word or emoji? Go!

Options

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,100 Scope online community team
    Options
    Glad to read your meeting went well @66Mustang! :)

Not long left at all @April2018mom. Are the twins excited to be having a baby sibling? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh yes @Adrian_Scope

They keep touching my belly. We have chosen a welcome home present for baby as well. Had another appointment today to check on things with my midwife. 
  • Onix
    Onix Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    Options
    @mrbuttons Totally with you on that. I put on a lot of weight rapidly after an addition to my meds and due to binge eating out of guilt about how much I weigh - I know, that doesn't make sense. I did tell my mh team but they just said go to the gym, weightwatchers even though I can't be in groups and won't walk into places on my own. Now they're changing that med to another which also has a side effect of excessive weight gain, suggested I got something in place, even though I told cpn I couldn't cope with putting even more weight on ??. Reality stinks!!
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Tired. We went to a escape room today then stopped at a pub for a early dinner afterwards. 
  • April2018mom
    Options
    One week to go until baby is here! 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A little apprehensive...after getting my new diagnosis of spinal ms...my neuro has told me he is waiting for the blood test for Devic`s disease to come back before we have a full diagnosis discussion. Thought we were already there...hmmm?

Devic`s affects spinal cord and optic nerves. I`ve never had eye issues.

It is also called NMO.

Has anyone got this condition please?
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    One week to go until baby is here! 

Oh how exciting....my very best wishes for an easy time darling xxxx
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Thanks. I am very excited. We have a name picked out already for her. 
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    pain, travelled 250 miles in a car from Worthing to Sheffield to drop my nan home as a passenger yesterday and going home on sunday so doing it all again *eugh*
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a long way to travel @brujah81! I hope the rest of your day has been relaxing. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    Options
    HORRIBLE!!!! Social services have told me to stop the new agency \I got as they are too dear. They assessed I could have 11 hours at £16.74 an hour. I couldn't find anyone who charged that....so got 9.5 hours for £181 a week. 11 hours costs £184.  they say I MUST have 11 hours at no more than the rate they quoted.

Had to sack new agency after only 5 days.

Can I find a PA to do the bitty hours?

I don't know
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Tired. Last weekend before the arrival of the new baby. 
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    bedraggled and frazzled.....2 words for the price of 1!
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Exhausted but happy baby is here. Now the hard part starts and I miss pregnancy already. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Congratulations @April2018mom! Were the twins excited to meet their sibling? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Oh yes. But the baby now is staying in the NICU at this hospital as they think that she has dwarfism and clubbed feet too. Updates to follow. She will be there for a week at least. I labored approximately for fourteen hours with the help of my nurse, a doctor and pain relief medication too. Prayers and good wishes appreciated thanks in advance. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    I hope she can be home with you all soon @April2018mom.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    good...put my best clothes on, make up done..hair styled and off I go to my Chit Chat club this aft.

Hope all is better for you too xxx
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    HORRIBLE!!!! Social services have told me to stop the new agency \I got as they are too dear. They assessed I could have 11 hours at £16.74 an hour. I couldn't find anyone who charged that....so got 9.5 hours for £181 a week. 11 hours costs £184.  they say I MUST have 11 hours at no more than the rate they quoted.

Had to sack new agency after only 5 days.

Can I find a PA to do the bitty hours?

I don't know

Better now! Got the agency back and sorted the hours. Phew!
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    Onix said:
    @mrbuttons Totally with you on that. I put on a lot of weight rapidly after an addition to my meds and due to binge eating out of guilt about how much I weigh - I know, that doesn't make sense. I did tell my mh team but they just said go to the gym, weightwatchers even though I can't be in groups and won't walk into places on my own. Now they're changing that med to another which also has a side effect of excessive weight gain, suggested I got something in place, even though I told cpn I couldn't cope with putting even more weight on ??. Reality stinks!!

Hi Onix, I also have a weight issue. Not been mobile for several years has caused me to gain, so has some of my meds.
    Just `clicked` into a sensible eating mode, after eating so much rubbish over the festive period.

I am lucky in that my hubby and carer make my meals for me and carer is batch cooking Sliming World recipes for me.
    Take care xx
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.