Requesting copy of F2F health assessment report for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Requesting copy of F2F health assessment report for PIP

babscat Member Posts: 20 Courageous
Just over a year ago I went through my Indef DLA to PIP transfer. Within days of my assessment I requested a copy of the health assessors report and received it just a couple of days later. It wasn’t great at all so I started my MR paperwork several weeks before I received the decision letter. It was helpful to have the additional time to organise everything.
So, this year, I’ve just been through another F2F PIP assessment. I rang DWP to request a copy of the health assessors report and was told they never send them out before the decision letter! Even when I tried to explain what happened last year, the advisor was adamant they have never done this. 
Does anyone know any particular DWP rule that enables claimants to request this information. It would be so helpful if I could quote this to them. Thank you.


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    @badscat, hello and welcome, it sounds as if the person you spoke to was, is a jobs worth. The DWP will and always send out assessment reports when requested so I would phone the DWP and hopefully talk to a different person who will arrange for your assessment report to be sent to you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,218 Disability Gamechanger

    It happened to me, i just rang back and spoke to someone different who happily agreed to send it out.
  • babscat
    babscat Member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Thank you Wilko and Poppy123456. I’ve just rang again and the lady I spoke to just said ‘that’s fine, no problem, I’ve sent that request through for you’. 
    Makes you wonder about the first guy I spoke to! 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.