Dwp missed call — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp missed call

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
I've just received phone call from dwp left answer phone message said they will try later. just wondering why ringing  I've applied to tribunal and dwp have to respond by 23rd may 19 is this a good sign that they are gonna make a deal on my claim advice please before dwp call again thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

We could only guess what they wanted, i'm afraid you'll have to wait for them to ring you back. Hopefully it's good news.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Cant get any more bad news lol they probably decided to look at all the evidence now I've got all my file ready for next phone call 
  • tara2019
    Dwp been in touch again made me a offer but I've refused to accept dwp wants me to send more evidence to them but I'm thinking n told them I'm going to send it to tribunal 1st should I send copies to dwp cause they have asked me too 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should send any new evidence to the tribunal who will then send a copy to DWP, it won't harm your claim to send a copy to the DWP as well
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • tara2019
    Thanks for that info I said to dwp I'll send a copy to them too and after call from dwp they are looking at my claim again ino what I'm entitled to with my claim n told them I'm taking this all the way 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    tara2019 said:
    Dwp been in touch again made me a offer but I've refused to accept dwp wants me to send more evidence to them but I'm thinking n told them I'm going to send it to tribunal 1st should I send copies to dwp cause they have asked me too 
    Why have you refused the offer? Personally I would have taken what they offered and continued with the appeal.
  • tara2019
    Because they offered just 2 more points for daily living from 6 to 8 nothing for mobility which that's more the reason why I've claimed for pip ive so much evidence to support it just sent some more evidence today to tribunal and dwp I should of been awarded 16 on living and 14 on mobility so I'm off to tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    After reading cutting myself down on what I should of been awarded is 12 on daily n at least 12 on mobility 
  • twonker
    tara2019 said:
    After reading cutting myself down on what I should of been awarded is 12 on daily n at least 12 on mobility 

If that is what you think you are entitled to and can evidence the relevant descriptors then fine. But why turn down a standard care award of £59 a week when you would get that money now AND still continue with your appeal. Money cannot then be the reason why you made the claim in the first place
  • tara2019
    Dwp said they would give me standard if I dropped tribunal I have got evidence re all disciptors just hoping that the last load of evidence they received today they will read and make a new offer that I think I need on mobility 
  • twonker
    Disgusting trying to blackmail you.
    Actually you can tell them anything so that you get some award now. You can promise the sky.
    But once the award is in payment you can have second thoughts and tell them that you intend to continue with the appeal. Not a thing that they can do about it. Play them at their own game so to speak.
  • tara2019
    Yes that's what I thought I'll have to see if dwp call me again with different award but them ringing me I think just proves they got the desition wrong twice I have a part time job which have done for 27yrs my work have been excellent with changing my role and addaptations for my mobility etc that's why I'm in no rush to except the lowest award they offered and think it will be a learning process for me to follow this to tribunal  for the next time it starts again 
  • tara2019
    The dwp have failed to respond to court by 23rd may what do I do now advice please 
  • struggle2222
    struggle2222 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    tara2019 said:
    The dwp have failed to respond to court by 23rd may what do I do now advice please 
    Does that mean that a decision will be made in their absence? Surly that can only be a good thing for you??
  • tara2019
    I'm not sure what it means 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.