Chronic Fatigue and UC Health Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Fatigue and UC Health Assessment

Options
2»

Comments

• PippaT1966
    PippaT1966 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    So, we have a date for the tribunal (a full 11 months after sending off the paperwork!). I have sent a letter to the court from her rheumatologist about her ADL's being affected by her severe fatigue, and her diagnosis of ME with Fibromyalgia. Does anyone have any advice of anything else to take or send beforehand?
  • PippaT1966
    Options
    Oh, and we're still waiting for the DWP to update the online system to let us know if they are awarding her the higher award for universal credit. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Difficult to give any advice on what else to send as no one here knows exactly how her conditions affect her. Do bare in mind that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors and they won't be able to take into consideration any worsening of conditions.

For the LCW decision then have you rang UC to request a copy of the report to be sent to you? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck with the Tribunal and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PippaT1966
    Options
    Thank you - I didn't think of requesting a copy of the report. I'll ask her work coach today.

• poppy123456
    Options
    One other thing, if you're not her appointee then during the Tribunal hearing she will have to answer all the questions herself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PippaT1966
    Options
    Yes, I am her appointee, and I get my own copy of all her paperwork sent to me. 

• PippaT1966
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who commented - my daughter has been awarded the higher rate of incapacity benefit and told she is not fit to work or to look for work. We are so relieved, as she will get back payments which will enable her to buy a new wheelchair. We just have the PIP tribunal to get through next week!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That’s brilliant @PippaT1966! I’m so pleased for you and your daughter. Best of luck with the PIP tribunal next week too. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That's great news! Just so that those that read this don't get confused, Incapacity benefit no longer exists.

What she's been awarded is LCWRA for Universal Credit. She'll receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month of her claim, starting from when she sent in her first fit note.

Good luck with the Tribunal.
  • PippaT1966
    Options
    Yes - couldn't remember the acronym for LCWRA! She's due to get back payments to the 4th month of her claim. To give context, we first claimed in Nov, submitting a doctor's note saying she was unfit for work, then her medical assessment was in June. Found out 10 days ago what the results of this was. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.