Why do DWP ask for SOR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why do DWP ask for SOR

Options
melissahicking2019
melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
What reasons prompt the DWP to apply for an SOR I mean what reason makes them do so or is it just a decision that they make without good reason other than to meet government requirements.

and if they do request an SOR shouldn't they be made to provide a reason otherwise the DWP have no grounds to ask for an SOR other than thier own personal decision which is wrong.

also what are the statistics for SOR requests.

thank you everyone 

MEL

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Most likely because they don't agree with the decision, which would be the reason for the request.

Remember they have the same chance we do to appeal the decision as i previously advised. If your friend was refused at the Tribunal he wouldn't have been happy so the chances are he would have asked for the SOR. If he had to give a reason then his reason would have been the same " he didn't agree with the decision" but he wouldn't have had to give a reason, like DWP don't.

No idea what the stats are for this, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • melissahicking2019
    melissahicking2019 Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I just think that DWP should have to provide a professional reason for Thierry request just as the court have to provide a reason as to why they awarded.

i just feel DWP abuse the request when requested without a professional reasoning behind thier request.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,283 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think you're worrying needlessly. Please try to relax and just wait for the backdated money to go into your friends bank because there's nothing more either of you can do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.