PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I canceled my pip a week ago due to be payed tomorrow will i get 4 weeks arrears ?

brandon6500brandon6500 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I canceled my pip a week ago due to be payed tomorrow will i get 4 weeks arrears ? 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You most likely won't receive the full 4 weeks but you may receive something. You'll need to ring and ask to know for sure because it will depend on the reasons why you canceled it.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • twonkertwonker Posts: 617 Member
    Hi,

You most likely won't receive the full 4 weeks but you may receive something. You'll need to ring and ask to know for sure because it will depend on the reasons why you canceled it.
    Not the reasons but has the award now been revised? You need give no reason to end the PIP award just tell the DWP to revise their earlier decision.as you no longer qualify for any of the descriptors.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If the PIP was stopped because of an improvement in their condition then there may not be any more money to receive.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,924 Disability Gamechanger
    Legally a claim cannot be cancelled. DWP do this all the time but legally it’s a nonsense. An award can only end if there are grounds for superseding the original decision. I find the decision to cancel is a rare one and often driven by a threat by DWP e.g. end your claim or we’ll look at prosecution for fraud etc. It would be good to know exactly what the motivation was for this so called cancellation.
Sign in or join us to comment.