Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
hi my name is gary and my girlfriend has been suffering from psychosis since 1974, I am a full time carer for her and now dreading this change from dla to pip, sent off the forms in april then got emails and text messages that they hadent received them they sent out new forms but she was under threat of having her dla stopped, when I phoned again iwas told to fill out the form again and get it photocopied at my exspense then told to send it by registered post again at my exspense but with no guarantee that was proof of sending the form ? by chance I phoned them before I sent it off having travelled all round Bristol for some 5 hours I got a text from from pip saying thank you for for your sending your claim, I find it amazing that the form has taken so long to reach them but also how they managed to find it the day I complained after after ,a month of being lost, total shambles by dwp you are playing with peoples lives
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.