Some Audiology (Hearing and Listening) research paper collections — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some Audiology (Hearing and Listening) research paper collections

Options
dolfrog
dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
Hi all,

I have been compiling research paper collections over the last decade or so, to help me understand my own disability, Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), which I only found out about after our son was diagnosed back in the late 1990s. I had never read an research paper until a research from the Medical Research Council began sending me copies of his research paper. (It took me 3 months to read the first one lol)

PubMed is a USA based internet research paper library, which allows you to create and develop your own online research paper collections. PubMed has millions of research papers covering a wide range of subjects. When you clink on a collection link you will go to a colletion of research paper titles, and if you clink on a research paper title this will take you to a web page including the research papers Abstract (summary) possibly a link to the full research paper, and links to 5 or more related research papers.

Here is a link to one of my Evernote web pages where I have listed some of  my Audiology related PubMed research paper collections, which you may find of some interest regarding some of the specific issues you may be interested in. 
Some Audiology PubMed Research Paper Collections 

I hope you find the research paper collections useful. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dolfrog, think you for sharing these with us!
    Scope

• APickle
    APickle Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    @dolfrog- really interesting research. I have just started compiling papers on Sensoryneural Hearing Loss..it's early days :)

• dolfrog
    edited February 2022
    Options
    2 years later, and I win an online PIP Appeal Tribunal regarding my Auditory Processing Disorder (the brain having problems processing and understanding what the ears hear).
    The 2019 New Zealand Auditory Processing Disorder Guidelines pdf file (100 A4 pages) was a key element in the Tribunal panel understanding the complex nature of my life long communication disability.
    The DWP has since taken on board the Appeal decision and provide the relevant benefit back payments, which has helped with our rent payment problem.   
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's fantastic news @dolfrog thanks for updating us all. How are you feeling about it? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dolfrog
    Options
    That's fantastic news @dolfrog thanks for updating us all. How are you feeling about it? :)
    I won the appeal back in June last year, and it has take a few months to begin to get things sorted out financially.

However the main problem of NHS Trust employed audiologists and the other members of the UK Medical Research Council's recommended multi discipline assessment and support teams (audiologists, speech and language, and psychologists) still do not want to even recognise that Auditory Processing Disorder exists, let alone provide the life long support those of us who have Auditory Processing Disorder require. They only want to hide the ignorance and massage their egos
    And educational psychologists only want to make money diagnosing dyslexia, which is really a shared symptom of Auditory Processing Disorder, and or Visual Processing Disorder, and or Attention Deficit Disorder. 60% of these identified as being dyslexic have Auditory Processing Disorder as the underlying cognitive cause of their dyslexia symptom which the dyslexia industry call phonological processing deficit. 

Still a long way to go to educate these frauds. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.