Advice Gratefully Appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice Gratefully Appreciated

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Reviewing Your Benefit Claim Check 

Had a letter from the D.W.P. yesterday advising they want to come to my home on a date to see if I am "getting everything that you should"

I don't trust these people.
Is this common practice? 
Or is it another appointment to check up whether I am fit for work.  Or alternatively to check whether I am still entitled to P.I.P.  which I am!

I had a P.I.P. interview at my home about a year ago, and although I did get P.I.P., I didn't get the higher mobility component to which I was entitled. I did appeal but this was rejected. 
I gave up. 
I am sick to the back teeth of having to prove to people as well as DWP of my eligibility on being disabled.

Also the letter is issued from a different Job Centre near to me and not the one I have had dealings with from yesteryear? Should I be genuinely wary?

Any advice greatly appreciate

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The best thing you can do is to ring the number on the letter and ask them what it's about. It's either a completely innocent random check, which can happen. Or someone has reported you for something. They will hopefully tell you more when you ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Does the letter mention " Compliance "
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    In the address it does say
    Local Service Compliance.
    Should I like I say (or think) be wary?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like you have been selected for a random benefits check. But as poppy says give them a ring
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Call up the number on the letter. Ask them to tell you what it’s about. Or you could always try to email them. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviewing Your Benefit Claim Check 

Had a letter from the D.W.P. yesterday advising they want to come to my home on a date to see if I am "getting everything that you should"

I don't trust these people.
    Is this common practice? 
    Or is it another appointment to check up whether I am fit for work.  Or alternatively to check whether I am still entitled to P.I.P.  which I am!

I had a P.I.P. interview at my home about a year ago, and although I did get P.I.P., I didn't get the higher mobility component to which I was entitled. I did appeal but this was rejected. 
    I gave up. 
    I am sick to the back teeth of having to prove to people as well as DWP of my eligibility on being disabled.

Also the letter is issued from a different Job Centre near to me and not the one I have had dealings with from yesteryear? Should I be genuinely wary?

Any advice greatly appreciate

Hi, I`m new to this site and looking at older posts. Did you get it sorted out ok? I have Direct Payments and they do an annual check to see if everything`s ok. I think they are checking if I`m still alive! Been on DLA for 19 years and never had such a check!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.