Advice Gratefully Appreciated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice Gratefully Appreciated

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Reviewing Your Benefit Claim Check 

Had a letter from the D.W.P. yesterday advising they want to come to my home on a date to see if I am "getting everything that you should"

I don't trust these people.
Is this common practice? 
Or is it another appointment to check up whether I am fit for work.  Or alternatively to check whether I am still entitled to P.I.P.  which I am!

I had a P.I.P. interview at my home about a year ago, and although I did get P.I.P., I didn't get the higher mobility component to which I was entitled. I did appeal but this was rejected. 
I gave up. 
I am sick to the back teeth of having to prove to people as well as DWP of my eligibility on being disabled.

Also the letter is issued from a different Job Centre near to me and not the one I have had dealings with from yesteryear? Should I be genuinely wary?

Any advice greatly appreciate

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The best thing you can do is to ring the number on the letter and ask them what it's about. It's either a completely innocent random check, which can happen. Or someone has reported you for something. They will hopefully tell you more when you ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Does the letter mention " Compliance "
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    In the address it does say
    Local Service Compliance.
    Should I like I say (or think) be wary?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like you have been selected for a random benefits check. But as poppy says give them a ring
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Call up the number on the letter. Ask them to tell you what it’s about. Or you could always try to email them. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviewing Your Benefit Claim Check 

Had a letter from the D.W.P. yesterday advising they want to come to my home on a date to see if I am "getting everything that you should"

I don't trust these people.
    Is this common practice? 
    Or is it another appointment to check up whether I am fit for work.  Or alternatively to check whether I am still entitled to P.I.P.  which I am!

I had a P.I.P. interview at my home about a year ago, and although I did get P.I.P., I didn't get the higher mobility component to which I was entitled. I did appeal but this was rejected. 
    I gave up. 
    I am sick to the back teeth of having to prove to people as well as DWP of my eligibility on being disabled.

Also the letter is issued from a different Job Centre near to me and not the one I have had dealings with from yesteryear? Should I be genuinely wary?

Any advice greatly appreciate

Hi, I`m new to this site and looking at older posts. Did you get it sorted out ok? I have Direct Payments and they do an annual check to see if everything`s ok. I think they are checking if I`m still alive! Been on DLA for 19 years and never had such a check!

Brightness