Do I need to declare Ebay sales? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need to declare Ebay sales?

RSISolutions
RSISolutions Community member Posts: 128 Courageous
I thinking of selling some of my unwanted possessions on Ebay. The sales will not take me over £6000 in savings. Do I need to declare these sales to the DWP? I am on income based ESA. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I can't find a definite answer to this but if it's just a few personal items then there won't be a problem.

If you do this regularly it could be classed as income.

If you buy things to sell then it's classed as income.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RSISolutions
    I'm not buying things to sell as income. 
    What is the limit for selling things that you own? £1000? More? Less? 
  • poppy123456
    There's no definite answer as i advised. Just selling a few things won't affect your ESA but if you sell things regularly it could be seen as income.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Tricia1912
    Thankyou all for the advice do you think it would be right to go to my GP and explain things and see what paperwork l can get to support my case. 
  • poppy123456
    Tricia1912
    Thankyou all for the advice do you think it would be right to go to my GP and explain things and see what paperwork l can get to support my case. 
    HI,

I'm confused by your question here on this thread asking about ebay sales when claiming Income Related ESA.
  • Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Tricia1921
    Hi l wasn’t asking about eBay sales it was RSIsoutions. 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    Tricia1921
    Hi l wasn’t asking about eBay sales it was RSIsoutions. 
    I know but you commented on the thread and i was confused why you were thanking everyone for their advice. Did you comment on the wrong thread?
  • RSISolutions
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Tricia1912 . Am I right in saying that you have a repetitive strain injury in your arms and you are wondering if you should go to the general practitioner to report your injuries?

If so then yes I would definitely go to my GP to report to the injuries and have them on your record. I would also make a self-referral to NHS physiotherapy, and if that takes too long I would go private if you can afford it. I would stop doing the thing that is causing you the repetitive strain injury until the whole issue is settled. 

If your injury was caused by working on a computer all day in an office I would report it to your health and safety personnel and to human resources. I would also report to the Health and Safety Executive and ask them to conduct a risk assessment of your work and workplace.  I would also ask Your workplace for an ergonomic display screen equipment assessment. This would normally be done by a physiotherapist. 

I would purchase voice recognition software and get training in how to use it from a hands-free expert of which there are only a few. I would recommend PCByVoice.com. 

Purchasing the software and training would be covered under the 2010 Equality Act as an adjustment that your employer should be doing in order to help you remain at work. 

The government has a scheme called Access to Work, which can sometimes help pay for these adjustments. However, they will not pay for adjustments which the employer must do under the equality act. 

Does this help?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.