PIP assessment abandoned — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment abandoned

weathered
weathered Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hoping this makes sense to someone else.

PIP assessment was abandoned after approximately 20 minutes since the nurse assessor said she couldn’t find ways to ask the questions on her screen that was appropriate or how to record the few answers she’d been given. She went to speak with a supervisor who agreed it should be abandoned.

She said id confirmed what medical professionals had told them already but now they will (possibly?) contact those professionals again. Another traumatic assessment might happen either at the same ATOS centre or at home address. Had a support worker accompanying me who was left equally confused and just trying to get me as calmly as possible back to where I live. 

Now as as far as I can guess, DLA payments will continue as normal? Until the PIP not merry go round starts again (have become more fearful than before regarding post). Does anyone have experience of similar abandoned by the assessor PIP assessments and what to expect next?

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    That sounds extremely strange.
    That assessor is beyond help.

It is comical if is wasn't so serious. Good job she isn't employed in the police force when trying to question a suspect.

• weathered
    Heh, yep.
    There were many outcomes that were feared by me and  those helping with it but that was one no one had considered.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    I'm not. The OP and their support worker thought likewise it seems.
    Or maybe the nurse/assessor couldn't find the on button?.
    Unfair on the claimant? Now that has to be a first.
  • weathered
    ilovecats said:
    twonker said:
    That sounds extremely strange.
    That assessor is beyond help.

It is comical if is wasn't so serious. Good job she isn't employed in the police force when trying to question a suspect.

Or it could be that the computer system went down and she couldn’t record the answers. Or it could be that the assessor decided it was unfair on the OP because she could see they should’ve been a home assessment. There are many factors that you and I do not know and can’t make ridiculous assumptions like the ones you have made.
    Hi, yes..best guess is that the assessor recognised a home assesment (which had been requested and declined ?) would have been the least worst option. 
    It's left me more confused which I didn't think was possible. Specifically about what happens next. Not sure if ESA & DLA will continue to be paid (if so, for how long?), when they will decide on going through this again, wherever they'll decide to do it. 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If this is a change from DLA to PIP then your DLA will continue until a decision is made on your PIP claim

ESA is a different benefit and unaffected other than if you are in receipt of SDP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • weathered
    Thank you..
    There’s a good chance the support worker said that but having trouble looking through so much that’s gone on since the start of the PIP claim. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.