Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Serves me right for jumping the gun lol. I’m waiting to hear from DWP re: my award after my assessment which I’m expecting to receive at any time. Yesterday I had a letter from ESA saying how much money I would receive every week. I also received a letter stating that I as I was on Standard or Enhanced Disability I might be entitled to carer’s allowance and I was required to complete a form asking if I received Carer’s Allowance etc. I’ve filled it out and sent it off today wondering if maybe my PIP award has gone in my favour. Today I have received a form from ESA re: assessment to see if I’m fit for work. I can’t remember ever having to do this before but my memory isn’t good and maybe I have. I am aware that people do go for assessments for ESA. It doesn’t have to be returned until 3rd July so I’m going to leave it a week until I tackle it as usually I panic and send it in straight away and make mistakes. I’m going to take my time in this one. That’ll teach me lol xx
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.