F2F REPORT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Char63 Member Posts: 7 Listener
PIP form was filled in 15th Dec 2018
Is it possible to get access to the healthcare assessors report, before the PIP decision, my daughter had her home visit on the 15th of May 2019, I received a letter today 6th June 2019, which was dated the 31st of May 2019 from DWP to say they have now got the information needed to decide if the can award payment.  My daughter and myself are so stressed with the long wait from filling in the form to a decision, she has ASD and has previously had no problems with receiving PIP and previously DLA before.


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Char63

    A very warm welcome.

    You need to contact the PIP helpline to ask for a copy of the assessment report, it will take a week or so to arrive.

    Once you have the report, you will be able to see what has been recommended.

    It is very frustrating the length of time to go through this process, but hopefully you are nearing the end.

    Please keep us informed.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring DWP and request a copy of your assessment report then you can get an idea what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. Good luck and keep posting. 
  • Char63
    Char63 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you Wilko and Atlas is this the number I need plz 0843 455 0065
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Char63 said:
    Thank you Wilko and Atlas is this the number I need plz 0843 455 0065
    No, that's not the correct number. All numbers to DWP are freephone. The number you need is  0800 121 4433.
  • Char63
    Char63 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you Poppy I will try tomorrow.
  • Char63
    Char63 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited June 2019
    Hi All I received the copy of my daughters assessment report today and from looking at it she only has 6 points for the Daily Living , so I am taking that the DWP will go on that and she will not get awarded anything this time. I will be appealing and I am grateful that at least I have the report so I can start gathering up evidence, can anyone give me any tips/insights please.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,355 Disability Gamechanger
    They mostly go with the decision but you'll still need to wait for that decision before requesting the mandatory reconsideration.

    Once the decision is made you have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think she should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

    Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and some are waiting in excess of one year for a hearing date.

    Does she currently have a PIP award? If she does and the decision in this doesn't go in her favour then payment will stop approximately 4 weeks after the decision. This could affect any other benefits you're claiming.

    This link will tell you what's available to face to face advice and help with the MR/Tribunal.

  • Char63
    Char63 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi Poppy
    Yes she is currently has a PIP award, and I am aware that any changes in that I will need to tell Child Tax Credit, I guess I am lucky in that I can at least start working on MR/Tribunal as I know it is going to take a while gathering evidence. Thank you I had not thought of putting in examples for the appeal. x


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.