Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Distal Femoral Extension Osteotomy & Patellar Tendon Advancement
Hello, I am new to the website and chat, I am trying to find out a bit more information on a procedure that my 13 year old son is going to have. He has Spastic Diplegic Cerebral Palsy and is due to have a Distal Femoral Extension Osteotomy with Patellar Tendon Advancement. Have any of your children had this procedure, how long is recovery? is your child able to walk / stand more after the operation than before? Do they have reduced pain?
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 841 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.