Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Wait time for PIP mandatory reconsideration
My 5 page mandatory reconsideration letter accompanied by a doctor's letter was signed for at the DWP 3 weeks ago today. I've heard nothing. Although being less well than ever they stopped my PIP and cut my ESA too. I'm in a big big mess and not coping too well. Does anybody know how long a response should take? I'm trying to prepare myself for having to go to appeal. As I have no support I will need to do this on my own and as I'm pretty much housebound due to crippling anxiety I would need a paper hearing. I'm plummeting and would appreciate some info. Thank you.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.