Phone Call Off Case Manager — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone Call Off Case Manager

AWilson198911
AWilson198911 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve had a phone call from my case manager today and she asked me when my RTA was and told me there was a 3 month period where you cannot claim PIP which takes it up to the 23rd April , My assessment report indicates that I’ve got 11 points for Care and 12 for mobility ? 

Does it look likely that ill be awarded ?

Thanks 

Antony

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They usually go with the report but it's possible you'll be awarded from 23rd April because of the 3 month rule. You must also expect your condition to last at least a further 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Awilson198911, Hello and welcome, reading your post it looks from the points allocated that you will get basic care and enhanced mobility award. You will get comfirmation of this in your official award notification letter giving you full details of amounts owing if any and payment start dates and the length of your award. 
  • AWilson198911
    If I am due any backpayment , when would this normally go in from getting your award ? 

Thanks for your replies 
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    If it's a first claim and you weren't transferring from DLA then usually from the date you rang to start your claim. If the 3 month rule is in question here which it could be then it will be from the date of the 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AWilson198911
    No I’m asking how long would it take for a payment to hit my bank account ? 
  • poppy123456
    3-4 working days once they send the payment. Payment is usually sent once a decision is made.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.