PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Phone Call Off Case Manager

AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I’ve had a phone call from my case manager today and she asked me when my RTA was and told me there was a 3 month period where you cannot claim PIP which takes it up to the 23rd April , My assessment report indicates that I’ve got 11 points for Care and 12 for mobility ? 

Does it look likely that ill be awarded ?

Thanks 

Antony

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They usually go with the report but it's possible you'll be awarded from 23rd April because of the 3 month rule. You must also expect your condition to last at least a further 9 months.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,182 Disability Gamechanger
    @Awilson198911, Hello and welcome, reading your post it looks from the points allocated that you will get basic care and enhanced mobility award. You will get comfirmation of this in your official award notification letter giving you full details of amounts owing if any and payment start dates and the length of your award. 
  • AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    If I am due any backpayment , when would this normally go in from getting your award ? 

Thanks for your replies 
    edited June 2019
    If it's a first claim and you weren't transferring from DLA then usually from the date you rang to start your claim. If the 3 month rule is in question here which it could be then it will be from the date of the 3 months.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AWilson198911AWilson198911 Member Posts: 27 Listener
    No I’m asking how long would it take for a payment to hit my bank account ? 
    3-4 working days once they send the payment. Payment is usually sent once a decision is made.
Sign in or join us to comment.