Can anybody help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anybody help?

forsam
forsam Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2019 in Coffee lounge
Hey guys, 

My best friend who has a number of disabilities she was a child, has been robbed of her Nintendo Switch, which brought her a lot of joy as she cannot go out much. We’ve reported it to the police but unfortunately they don’t have the evidence to prosecute the person she is sure has taken it. She feels deeply betrayed as she allowed this person into her home, and they’ve taken advantage of her by taking her favourite possession when she was in the toilet. Obviously I’m outraged. If I could afford to replace it for her, I would do in an instant - but I’m struggling with a young family and there’s not much I can do. I’ve set up a go fund me page for her, if anybody could share this on their Facebook or even make a donation, I know it would mean so much to her. I want to show her that there are good people in this world by raising the money to replace her Switch. She is the most amazing best friend and I’m heartbroken on her behalf for this ordeal she’s been through, which I know has been very distressing for her. 

[removed by moderator]

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.