Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Tonyclare
Tonyclare Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone
Just thought I would share my PIP results I have been on the old Dla benefit at the higher rate for a one years and of course was asked to apply for PIP which I did earlier this year. I had to see a health practioner (which in point of fact could be anyone you or I) I say this because the female I had was a physiotherapist and obviously reading questions from a crib sheet near her work station. My son took me to the premises in Liverpool about four weeks ago we parked very close about 20 feet from the door he helped pef me inside whereupon I seated myself and we were asked to wait.
I have problems with arthritis in my knees and feet my left foot is habitually swollen  at the ankle I have spinal problems in the lower back at S1 T4 T5 all causing pain and discomfort and breathlesness I  am partially sighted blind in my right eye. 
I have been reduced to standard PIP payments but I am not happy with the report. Firstly it transpires that a document I sent in regarding my sight had not been upoloaded to my dismay, the assessor stated in her reoprt that I did not look tired or was not breathless I had been seated for 20 mins and only a 12 foot walk or so into the office I am blind in my right eye but in her report she sates left eye ( in law this would be a false instrument ie any report or written evidence which tells a lie) she did not give me sufficient time to fully answer before going on to the next question. She stated I did not look tired or weary wrong I am habitually tired due to lack of D5 which is bring investigated by Dr's. I took her a report from an MRI scan identifying the spinal problems not included in report. She states I have full cognitive skills but I am always forgetting things and forgetting doing things I have recently read a report which links partial or blindness to cognitive failings because I have never raised this with Dr's just said in report no mental health issues noted the report completely wrong lots of issues left out seem to have picked on issues without expanding on my discussion 
Does not seem a fair system ( who makes decision assessor? because their report must influence desision) 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @Tonyclare and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to read your report was inaccurate. Do you feel the decision award was fair despite this or will you be appealing it? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @tonyclare - were the conditions you suffer from not listed in the PIP assessment report? Mine were all on page 2 - history of conditions.

If you are not happy with the decision you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration - there's is lot's of really good advice on here about how to do that, and tribunal if you have to go that far.

You might be best concentrating on why you are unable to carry out the various daily living tasks, and adding further evidence to support which ones you can't do and how you cope.

In relation to your blindness it is annoying that it wasn't recorded correctly (I had the same where I 'gained' a downstairs toilet!)  Is it possible that the assessor made a mistake? Do you believe that it affected how many points you were given for a particular descriptor?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.