PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My son's PIP appeal has been appealed by the DWP

janecottonjanecotton Member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello - my 17 year old son recently won his first tier tribunal appeal for PIP. He was receiving middle rate DLA and then had a PIP assessment and was awarded zero points. We appealed this and won with 12 points. We have today received a letter from DWP saying they are going to appeal the decision by the court. We are obviously very upset by this as having to go through this, in itself is rather traumatic and now to find out that we may have to go through it again is very upsetting.

Does anyone have any experience of this happening to them and if so did DWP take it all the way to the upper tribunal.

Thank you

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    They will have requested the statement of reasons. This doesn't mean they are appealing the decision, they can't appeal unless they find the error in law and they won't know this until they receive the statement of reasons. They can take as long as they want to send this to DWP and there's no timescales.

All you can do now is wait.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • janecottonjanecotton Member Posts: 2 Listener

Thanks poppy123456 - appreciate your help. I have been trailing through and have found some very helpful pieces from previous posts too.

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,955

Scope community team

Hello @janecotton and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm really sorry to read the trouble you've had with your son's claim for PIP. Hopefully it won't take too long for them to review the statement of reasons so you can move on from this. 
    Please keep us updated. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.