My son's PIP appeal has been appealed by the DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son's PIP appeal has been appealed by the DWP

Options
janecotton
janecotton Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello - my 17 year old son recently won his first tier tribunal appeal for PIP. He was receiving middle rate DLA and then had a PIP assessment and was awarded zero points. We appealed this and won with 12 points. We have today received a letter from DWP saying they are going to appeal the decision by the court. We are obviously very upset by this as having to go through this, in itself is rather traumatic and now to find out that we may have to go through it again is very upsetting.

Does anyone have any experience of this happening to them and if so did DWP take it all the way to the upper tribunal.

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will have requested the statement of reasons. This doesn't mean they are appealing the decision, they can't appeal unless they find the error in law and they won't know this until they receive the statement of reasons. They can take as long as they want to send this to DWP and there's no timescales.

All you can do now is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janecotton
    janecotton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Thanks poppy123456 - appreciate your help. I have been trailing through and have found some very helpful pieces from previous posts too.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @janecotton and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm really sorry to read the trouble you've had with your son's claim for PIP. Hopefully it won't take too long for them to review the statement of reasons so you can move on from this. 
    Please keep us updated. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.