LCW and LCWRA information (understanding) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCW and LCWRA information (understanding)

scotschick7
scotschick7 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi there, I recieved my esa85 from my medical assemesmnt and was wondering if someone could help me understand what is meant by the following.  " The client was found to meet the criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity"  I know I won't know my full outcome ubtil DM decision but does this suggest remaining on ESA? It aksi states "claimant is at significant risk of decline in her MH and should not participate in work or work related activities "  . Sorry if this seems clear my heads still a mess and struggling to understand if the suggests to remain on ESA or not. I know no one can tell me for certain but just some clarity on the wording thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That means it's Support Group and the reason they are recommending this is reg 35 because you're a substantial risk to yourself and others around you, if you weren't placed into this group.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scotschick7
    scotschick7 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thank you @poppy123456 for the reply. I thought this but had interpreted several different ways with how my mind works. Also the 1st time I hve obtained a report it is quite confusing. Thanks again.
  • sandalina18
    sandalina18 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Can anyone please help me understand my medical report.
    I asked for a mandatory reconsideration when i was moved from the support group to the wrag group. I received a letter turning me down. The letter said that i didnt meet any of the schedule 3 descriptors. I obtained a copy of my medical report and wrote to dwp enclosing a copy of my medical report, highlighting activity 13 which has the code IAc and activity 16 which has the code CSb. I think the lower case letters refer to my score, a = 15  b=9 c=6 .So if 15 points are not achieved on any 1 activity does that mean i cant be in the support group. My appeal is nearing and if this is this case i may not carry on as it is affecting my mental health.
  • poppy123456
    Can anyone please help me understand my medical report.
    I asked for a mandatory reconsideration when i was moved from the support group to the wrag group. I received a letter turning me down. The letter said that i didnt meet any of the schedule 3 descriptors. I obtained a copy of my medical report and wrote to dwp enclosing a copy of my medical report, highlighting activity 13 which has the code IAc and activity 16 which has the code CSb. I think the lower case letters refer to my score, a = 15  b=9 c=6 .So if 15 points are not achieved on any 1 activity does that mean i cant be in the support group. My appeal is nearing and if this is this case i may not carry on as it is affecting my mental health.
    Hi,

To be placed into the Support Group (LCWRA) at least 1 of the descriptors must apply to majority of the time. If they don't apply they will look at reg 35 which is substantial risk. Link to both of those are here.

It will be impossible to advise you on a forum if any of the above apply to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sandalina18
    sandalina18 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    So if i got 9 points for activity 17 Coping with social engagement and 6 points for activity 13 Intiating and completing personal action which i believe to be schedule 3 descriptors  -  I got 9 points for Getting about - activity 15 but i do not think this is included in schedule 3 are they not relevant? Do i need to score 15 points in a schedule 3 activity? as i read it to be if i satisfy 1 of the descriptors in the schedule 3 of esa i qualify for the support group.?
  • poppy123456
    Schedule 3 which is support group is not about scoring points. The following must apply.
    • at least one of the LCWRA (support Group) descriptors applies to you for the majority of the time or on the majority of the occasions that you try to carry out the activity;
    • your capability for work and work-related activity is limited; and
    • it is not reasonable for you to carry out the activity.
    activity 13 Initiating and completing personal action is not schedule 3, it's schedule 2.  For schedule 3 it's activity 11.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.