Check in how are you doing today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check in how are you doing today

Options

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had a lovely child free weekend away from home. I relaxed at a hotel with a spa and bonded with my partner. We played tennis and had nice food at the onsite restaurant. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry to all  for the late reply. I've been quite unwell for two days and didn't receive notifications. I will get back to you all ASAP. I hope everyone is having a pain-free day. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    Pretty fed up and down, thanks for asking. I hope you're ok @Tammyjane33
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @WF2k Why are you feel so fed up. Hope ur feeling ok today. 
    I've got to get some housework done. So that's what I'm doing today.
  • ellisael
    ellisael Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for asking. I am feeling quite chirpy- which wasn't the case for last 5 days. Happy to have found this online community. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @AlisonNetty I feel fed up pretty often, always anxious. everything and anything triggers my anxiety, even the most silly things that probably wouldn't bother someone else, I have mental and physical health problems which clash with each other. The assessor I had for PIP has made me feel a whole lot worse as well.

Thank you for asking.
  • seafaye
    seafaye Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone...newbie here. Hope you are all having a good day as much as you can ,depending on disabilities.?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @seafaye! Hope you are doing okay!

If you need anything then please do not hesitate to ask :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @seafaye Hope you find what you're looking for. Hugs Netty
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @seafaye and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Please let us know if we can help you with anything at all.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @seafaye and welcome! Thanks for getting involved. It's great to have you here.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    just found this thread, what a great idea,  I hope we can all be open enough to say if we are not having the best of days, sometimes just sharing with people can make things easier 
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Options
    Frustrated with it being one of those days when nothing goes right. ?

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    I finally got my news of my PIP today - it\s been a stressful 15 weeks but I am over it now - it's made my week as I was told it would be another 6 weeks still!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @pcoventry is that how long you've been waiting to hear about the decision?
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    hi @WF2k Made the call 16th of March -sent form off for next day special delivery and it got there on the 23rd March  - f2F at home 20th May - they got the report 7th of June and I  got the decision 3rd of July -

I was told last Friday it could be anywhere up to the 16th of August due to the backlog. I don't think the amount I am getting is right- it's off a bit but I am not going to complain. I am hoping the letter comes through next week so I can apply for road tax and other stuff.  It's only thankful to PIP I can afford road tax - my car is £325 a year! and has been off the road for 3 months but just had an MOT so worth running for a year. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @pcoventry my form was sent back at the beginning of December 2018, I had the assessment 4th of April 2019, it took the assessor 3 weeks to send the report to the DWP and it was only sent when the DWP requested it, I then got a text the day after to day they had gotten the report which was the 24th of April and I've been waiting since.

I hope you hear back soon!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I danced today. Then I went out for lunch with friends in town. I take informal adult dancing classes. 
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I danced today. Then I went out for lunch with friends in town. I take informal adult dancing classes. 
    I tried to learn the Highland Fling once, but 'haggis' I didn't impress anyone after being flung out.

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    Thankyou all for sharing your experiences with me. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.