PIP HELP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Scotti3boy Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue with pip. I had an assessment for pip on the 21st may and a just over a week after I get a text saying they received everything. A month down the line I decide to call them and the Dwp basically tell me that they haven’t received my paperwork. 

I call the assessors and they tell me that it was sent over on the day I had the assessment, go back to the dwp and nope isn’t there. And feels I’m constantly getting passed from person to person. 
Has anyone got any idea what the hell is going on. 
This is stressing me out so any help would be appreciated. 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,128 Disability Gamechanger

    I've heard of this happening before. Ring DWP and request a call back from a case manager, when they ring you tell them what's happened and mention the text message you received.
  • Scotti3boy
    Scotti3boy Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I’ve tried this, spoke to a manager twice now they said all I have to do is wait. But then if I’m told they haven’t received anything if I was to just wait nothing would ever get done so I have no choice but to ring 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,128 Disability Gamechanger

    I did this once because they kept telling me they hadn't received a form to apply for SDP, this was before you could apply by phone. They owed me almost a year of backdated money too. I contacted my local MP and strangely enough less than 24 hours later i had a call from a case manager to ask me a few simple questions. I was awarded it over the phone and backdated money was sent straight away. Sometimes it takes a local MP to get them shifted.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.