PIP HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP

Options
Scotti3boy
Scotti3boy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue with pip. I had an assessment for pip on the 21st may and a just over a week after I get a text saying they received everything. A month down the line I decide to call them and the Dwp basically tell me that they haven’t received my paperwork. 

I call the assessors and they tell me that it was sent over on the day I had the assessment, go back to the dwp and nope isn’t there. And feels I’m constantly getting passed from person to person. 
Has anyone got any idea what the hell is going on. 
This is stressing me out so any help would be appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I've heard of this happening before. Ring DWP and request a call back from a case manager, when they ring you tell them what's happened and mention the text message you received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Scotti3boy
    Scotti3boy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I’ve tried this, spoke to a manager twice now they said all I have to do is wait. But then if I’m told they haven’t received anything if I was to just wait nothing would ever get done so I have no choice but to ring 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I did this once because they kept telling me they hadn't received a form to apply for SDP, this was before you could apply by phone. They owed me almost a year of backdated money too. I contacted my local MP and strangely enough less than 24 hours later i had a call from a case manager to ask me a few simple questions. I was awarded it over the phone and backdated money was sent straight away. Sometimes it takes a local MP to get them shifted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.