Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Dont give up
After my mandatory reconsideration didn't get things changed I sent off the Tribunal appeal forms with some information but stated more supporting evidence would follow. As I'm still waiting on some of it j have not sent it off yet. However last Friday I received a call from the DWP saying they had looked at their original decision and given me back what they had taken off me. In my case 2 points from my care part which meant I got no care component. Obviously if I hadn't gone to appeal this would not have happened. So please never give up any of you. Now just waiting to receive the official letter and find out when they will put the back pay in my bank.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.