If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip moving from DLA help

juneandlucyjuneandlucy Member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi everyone i  got a lifetime award in 2009 for low mobility DLA. I am 66 and got my assessment at home 2weeks ago, I have depression anxiety and I wet myself at times through aniexy. Im on medication for all these problems. My GP recently refered me for more support. Today I got my pip assessment report it appears I have 10points for standard care. But 0 for mobility this is despite the report stating I only leave via taxi and never go on buses this is in part due to a lot of sexual abuse and violent men him my past I just don't like men who I don't no. I also though don't no if this will be the final decision? Also if I appeal would I move onto the standard care or stay on low DLA while this is ongoing? It says my condition may improve in 18months well I've a 40Plus year history I can't go through all this again at my age  and don't no what to do


  • juneandlucyjuneandlucy Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Also I feel there were some lyes on report and I've been told I should be on enhanced care and standard mobility
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    You'll need to wait for the decision before you can request the MR. Once the decision is made you have 1 month from that date.

    You should put your request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

    Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

    Any PIP award you have when you request the MR will continue while you wait for the decision. Your PIP will start approximately 7 weeks after the decision is made.

    Do be aware that because of your age, if you decide not to request the MR/Tribunal and you accept the award then you won't be able to claim for the mobility part again. If you request the MR/Tribunal and go onto have a decision in your favour then you'll keep that mobility award for as long as you're entitled to it. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • juneandlucyjuneandlucy Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Thank you poppy for the good information 😉
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @juneandlucyand a warm welcome to the community! I am sorry the recommendations don't fit with how your condition affects you and that you feel the report is incorrect. 

    Like other members have suggested, you will probably have to take it to Mandatory Reconsideration (more information can be found here) and it also may be a good idea to seek face to face advice which can be from Citizens Advice

    Please do keep us updated and I hope things all work out for you. If you need anything else then please do let us know 
    Community Partner

    Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.