I am so worried about my home visit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am so worried about my home visit

Quinty
Quinty Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
They the ESA made an appt by letter for the following day I received it! I have terrible agrophobia and cpthey obviously dont read notes, 
I an seeing my Doctor for a letter explaining my condition. I have never had this before. My friend who us also bipolar 1 wasnt asked any further questions after his care worker sent a letter  I feel I have been singled out because I mentioned my osteo athritus and torn retina. I am worried they will now take no notice of my mental health and concentrate in the physical which is not why I cannot work. I an so worried.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I answered your question here on your other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/61325/esa-home-visit-why#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Quinty
    Thank you. I feel we dont have a voice 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Quinty, have you had your assessment? I hope it went well :)
    Scope

• Quinty
    Oh no Chloe, I've asked my Dr and Psychiatrist to send letters with my diagnosis, which have to be sent by the 21st July as to why I cant go to their offices.p and can only have a home visit. So it could be spent time after the 21st. I hope thise letters get there in time as they stop all benefits even though you have no control over it, Also they will ask questions regarding physical, health that is not related to mental health which I find disturbing, They make our lives very difficult.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You need the letter from your GP to state the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre. A diagnosis letter most likely won't be enough for a home visit to be agreed. Also if you attend other appointments then this can go against you for a home visit.

I'd advise you to ring the health assessment providers before your appointment date if you haven't heard anything. The last thing you want is to be found fit for work for failing to attend.

I'm not sure what you mean by the physical questions when you're claiming for mental health reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Quinty
    When I got my form Poppy it asked if I had any visits to hospital or other problems. I had a torn retina and have some treatment coming back and am having physio for my ankle. It will be in my doctors notes but they dont read them. I had to fill in how hard it is to walk on it and make some estimation on distances I can walk on it. I cant remember what I ticked but know on a bad day it usnt very far. But this hasn't got anything to do with my mental, health and wish I'd boot bothered to mention it as J know they can make life very difficult, Its my mental health that is the issue  the other stuff is physical you see.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.