Have you ever experienced long waiting lists or battled for SEN support services?
HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED LONG WAITING LISTS OR BATTLED FOR SEN SUPPORT SERVICES?
I am currently collecting data for my MSc Psychology dissertation module. If you are a mother of a child with developmental delay aged 1-7 years, please consider contributing to my research on the impact of delayed early intervention on parents self-efficacy. If you know of a mother of a child with a developmental delay please share the below link.
PLEASE COMPLETE BY 10-15 MINUTE SURVEY!https://blss.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3VQ59WxcNMdtHgx
Long waiting lists are often a barrier to SEN support services for assessment, treatment and/or diagnosis. My research will examine the experience of mothers, who often become their child's main early interventionist. I essentially want to understand what it is like for a parent during this waiting period and through this research, to provide a clearer narrative of the parent's voice in special educational needs advocacy.
I will also be completing a series of interviews with parents and you can contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments