Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Lonely

ange89ange89 Member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi 
Just signed up to this place and feel a little nervous . But was struggling to find somewhere with people who were going through the same thing. 
I have a 17 year old daughter who has a mental health condition.  Depressive phycosis and anxiety. 
I'm a single mum and have just recently had to give my full time job up to be her carer as she cannot be left for too long due to her condition. 
It's hard and its lonely and tiring . Some days I feel I cannot cope and want to run .
I have my first counselling session with let's talk this next week . Bit would be so nice to chat with others in a similar situation. 
Thank you 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,821 Disability Gamechanger
    We are all in different situations, but firstly welcome to this fantastic forum and please just keep coming back when you feel the need to talk.. The only real advice I can offer having had counselling myself in the past is be open and honest with the counsellor thats the best way to get something from the sessions. Good luck and take care
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @ange89. I'm glad you're seeking support with all this through counselling. As Woodbine said, we're a very diverse community, so hopefully you'll find some folks in a similar situation to yours.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • emmarenshawemmarenshaw Member Posts: 712 Pioneering
    Hello @ange89 welcome to the community. I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise should you need anything or have any questions. The community is a fantastic place full of lovely people. Glad to have you here and let us know if you need any help navigating the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ange89 and welcome to the community, it's great to have you here! I hope your counselling session went okay :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ange89 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.