Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Letter showing date of diagnoses
Today I got copy of the consultants diagnose of having CFS back in 1995. I was hoping to use this for backup however on reading it through although he says he has little doubt I had CFS one sentence also says examination of her musculoskeletal system was entirely normal. Of interest was that she was not at all tender over the classical fibromyalgia trigger points. Then he says the worsening of my symptoms may just relate to an early menopause at 44 but I was till having periods till 56? Im wondering if this letter will help me or hinder my case of getting the PIP, really ned some advice hear as I must send the form in soon. Clearly it wasn't the menopause as at now 68 im still suffering. Should I send in the letter with my PIP form or not?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.