PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

MR AND TIMESCALES

scape03scape03 Member Posts: 29 Courageous
Just an update on my original post asking for advice on a MR as well as throwing some light on timescales. I originally applied for PIP in mid to late Dec 2018. I was only awarded 6 points for daily living and sent my MR in before the deadline of April 14th. Yesterday I received a phone call saying I was being awarded standard for both daily living and mobility. Thought this might help people who are becoming despondent about appealing and length of time it takes.

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,914 Scope community team
    Hello @scape03. Thank you for updating us and giving us an idea of timescales in your area. Well done with the successful MR!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • scape03scape03 Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    It was a lovely surprise, all you seem to hear is that a very small percentage win an MR, however I think if you present your case clearly making sure you clarify exactly why you meet each descriptor, it goes a long way. I was told I could appeal if I still didn't agree with the decision; whilst I feel I could be entitled to enhanced for daily living, I actually didn't think I would be awarded anything for mobility, as although I do have problems my unusual condition doesn't really fit the wording. I'm more than happy with what I've got.
    Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get the award letter after DWP have phoned you to say your MR was successful? TIA
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Post can take up to 10 days but usually it's before that.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thanks! Will just be pleased when I finally receive and I can forget the stress of the last 8 months! Just so pleased my MR was successful as I know I couldn't have faced applying for tribunal. Hope some people can gain confidence by my winning it.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,914 Scope community team
    It's good to know that there are positive stories out there @scape03. We see so much negative feedback that it can seem a bit bleak at times. Thank you for sharing your success.  :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.