MR AND TIMESCALES — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR AND TIMESCALES

Options
scape03
scape03 Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
Just an update on my original post asking for advice on a MR as well as throwing some light on timescales. I originally applied for PIP in mid to late Dec 2018. I was only awarded 6 points for daily living and sent my MR in before the deadline of April 14th. Yesterday I received a phone call saying I was being awarded standard for both daily living and mobility. Thought this might help people who are becoming despondent about appealing and length of time it takes.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @scape03. Thank you for updating us and giving us an idea of timescales in your area. Well done with the successful MR!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • scape03
    Options
    It was a lovely surprise, all you seem to hear is that a very small percentage win an MR, however I think if you present your case clearly making sure you clarify exactly why you meet each descriptor, it goes a long way. I was told I could appeal if I still didn't agree with the decision; whilst I feel I could be entitled to enhanced for daily living, I actually didn't think I would be awarded anything for mobility, as although I do have problems my unusual condition doesn't really fit the wording. I'm more than happy with what I've got.
  • scape03
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get the award letter after DWP have phoned you to say your MR was successful? TIA
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Post can take up to 10 days but usually it's before that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • scape03
    Options
    Thanks! Will just be pleased when I finally receive and I can forget the stress of the last 8 months! Just so pleased my MR was successful as I know I couldn't have faced applying for tribunal. Hope some people can gain confidence by my winning it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's good to know that there are positive stories out there @scape03. We see so much negative feedback that it can seem a bit bleak at times. Thank you for sharing your success.  :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.