Decision made — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision made

Pascoe25
Pascoe25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello, 

Just a quick question. I had my assessment 4 weeks ago today and I phoned this morning for an update.

I got told a letter has seen sent out today but not been uploaded to the system? Is that normal or is it worth trying again? 

Thank you in advance. 

Sam

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    If they say the letter is in the post, give it a few days and if it hasn`t arrived, then ring again.
    Good luck.
    I received my application form today. Been on DLA 19 years!
    Has to be done sadly.
    Wish me luck!
    Hope you get the right answer too. x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Pascoe25,hello and welcome, having had your assessment you can wait a week then contact DWP,and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your official award notification letter.
  • Pascoe25
    Thank you both. The lady on the phone said a decision has been made but hasn't been uploaded to her system. Surely it should upload instantly?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, you`d think so, but as they are working with backlogs, perhaps that`s why your report isn`t on her system yet. Try to sit tight....not long to wait. Good luck chuck x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can take 24 hours for the decision to be uploaded onto the system and until this happens they won't be able to tell you what that decision is, they will only know that a decisions been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pascoe25
    Thanks Poppy. 

I'll phone first thing Monday 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Wait till Monday. Then you can call to find out what they have decided. Good luck and keep us updated. 
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    It took a week and a half for my award notice to arrive so yours should be with you by the end of the month - they use the slowest second class post in history. 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    I think I must have been very lucky as from DWP receiving my application to having the f2f and receiving the assessors initial report was 5 weeks. Hopefully I don't have to wait an extra long time for the decision letter. Anyone waiting has my greatest sympathy. The whole process is absolutely intolerable, my life has been on hold for the whole time. 

• Pascoe25
    I had my assessment 4 weeks ago yesterday and a decision has been made, so I feel very lucky by that turn around 
  • Pascoe25
    Phoned this morning. Enhanced rates for both. Absolutely chuffed. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Pascoe25

What a great result and thanks for updating the community, as it is always good to hear of a positive outcome.

As PIP is a gateway to other benefits, could I suggest you seek a benefits check, say with your local CAB.

Best wishes
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Great news @Pascoe25

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.