Private Physiotherapist — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Private Physiotherapist

crantockgirl3407 Member Posts: 17 Connected
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. I would be very grateful if someone from this community could kindly provide me with information about finding a private physiotherapist. Perhaps @wildlife could help with this as I recollected that she mentioned in one of her posts that she used a private physiotherapist to assess her muscles dexterity/physical examination, and a report was then obtained for the physical examinations.

@wildlife if there is any possibility that you could provide me with any information about this private physiotherapist you used, I would be very grateful for that, or alternatively if you could ask this physio where I can find information for private physiotherapists, I would appreciate that very much.

I understand that this forum is strict about details of people being mentioned in the forum. Perhaps you could provide this info to one of the moderators in this forum by sending them a personal message, and then ask them to kindly forward the information to me if that is possible.

Many thanks to everyone in this forum. Hope you all have a very pleasant week.


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    The information from the Charterered Society of Physiotherapists is:

    When choosing a physiotherapist, make sure they are chartered (they will have MCSP after their name) and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

    In many cases your doctor (GP or hospital consultant) will help you to access physiotherapy but increasingly in some areas you can self-refer.

    Physiotherapists also work in the private sector. In order to find a private physiotherapist in your area you can use the Physio2u directory.

    Physiofirst, the Professional Network for private practitioners, also has a listing service for private practitioners working in the UK.

    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.