Walking Boots — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Walking Boots

Hi all, can anyone recommend a good pair walking boots for a man with spinal stenosis


  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @popmonkey

    Take a look at Magnum boots, they are sound.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @popmonkey   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions. We guide and advise and help new members who join the community.

    You could apply for NHS  service suppliers through your Doctor.

    These are specialists in making footwear for those with feet problems.

    I have problems finding foot wear have toes missing and have mobility problems.  Got boots made for me.

    Hope that helps you.

    Take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Ails
    Ails Member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @popmonkey and welcome to the Community.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected

    Do you have a orthopedist or not? They are the ones who deal with all kinds of foot problems and issues. Because I was born with congenital foot impairments I have a orthopedic doc who sees to all that. I get a custom made pair of boots made for me. 
  • popmonkey
    popmonkey Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi all, thanks for you prompt  reply’s. 
    I used to go hill and field walking with my friends,  but after being  diagnosed with spinal stenosis  I finding I walk with flat footed gait. I was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could recommend some walking boots to improve my health. 

    Once again thankyou for for your help 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    edited July 2019
    Again see your orthopedist. They or your orthotist can measure your feet and help you find a new pair of shoes. My son has seen a orthotist since he was a baby. I referred him myself. Recently he was fitted for a new pair of shoes (the current pair was causing blisters on his feet) so we sent them off for repair. 
    We should get them back this week. 
  • popmonkey
    popmonkey Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks for your kind advice. I think I need to pop and see my doctor. Hopefully he can point me in the right direction..

    once again thanks 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
  • popmonkey
    popmonkey Member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited July 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,868 Connected
    Hopefully you will find a pair!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,557 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @popmonkey and a warm welcome to the community. I hope the NHS are able to help you with this and you'll have to show us what they are able to provide :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.