Fnd — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fnd

Options
madmoo13
madmoo13 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I’m wondering if any one can help I have been having attacks of fnd for last 5 years in 2014 my legs stop working had mri and neurologist appt given a web site and sent home since then my legs have gone weak and neck then in my face I’ve been lucky this only seems to last a few days neurologist saw me and said it’s fnd didn’t I read web site he gave me in 2014 but discharged me I have so many unanswered questions is this going to get worse are they going to happen more and more ? Or will it get better ? I have bipolar typ 2 as well I live my life as best I can but I’m sleeping so much I mange work but then can’t cope when I get home and go to bed when my legs go my husband has to help me shower and when I’m in bed as shattered my house go’s to pot I can’t think strait to cook etc does anyone have an answers etc would be a big help Thankyou 

Comments

• LaughingLolly
    LaughingLolly Community member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    Options
    I would like to suggest you join an FND group. There are some on Facebook and they are also setting up some one to one groups in each county. I think it will be informative and useful for you and might also help you emotionally. I don't think anyone can predict the course of FND or any condition but there could be things you could find to help you personally. Thankfully you sound like you have a good supportive husband and you are able to keep your job down during bad patches so now it's just about finding ways forward in a practical sense when these episodes happem. It might be a good idea to get a decent GP on board who can offer the right support even if they never quite understand fully. 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Look for a FND support group. I think you can find them on Facebook. Ask your GP for support. 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are lots of sites online. On YouTube and various other. Just type in FND or the full name. I also have FND and have been diagnosed since 2015. My symptoms vary and that’s common. I found the sites really helpful in understanding FND as this diagnosis is relatively not understood properly.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @madmoo13 and a warm welcome to our community. You can find a few FND support groups at https://www.fndaction.org.uk/facebook-support-groups/ and FND Dimensions used to have some suggestions for support resources.

Are you getting much in the way of mental health support?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @madmoo13 and a very warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you have been discharged. FND very unique to the person so unfortunately it's hard to predict the future of the condition. Like others have very kindly suggested, Facebook groups can be really helpful. 

I am also tagging @@Tinkerbell12, @Shepp1958, @susan48 and @underdiagnosed who also have FND and have discussed this on the community.
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.