Permitted work and esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Permitted work and esa

Options
jimnicky1
jimnicky1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone, I am new to these boards am finding the discussions on here really helpful.

I have a question about ESA and permitted work. I get contributions-based ESA and am in the support group. I have found some work I think I could do as permitted work. Firstly, because I'm in the support group, am I allowed to do permitted work and when give my local job centre my completed form about it, will they start expecting me to see a work coach regularly? I know what I can and can't do and it's taken a long time for me to find something that I think I can physically cope with given my disability (neurologically based).

In terms of the work, it is a zero hours based contract which I think means I can treat it as self-employed work - can anyone confirm this? I would be doing between 6 - 15 hours a week for 30 weeks a year.

Also, if the weekly amount I'm allowed to earn is £131.50 - is it possible to earn more than this some weeks and because I won't be working for 22 weeks of the year, average the earnings out, eg if I earned £200 per week for 30 weeks = £6000 which if divided by 52 = £115.38 per week.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no average for the earnings limit i'm afraid. It's no more than £131.50 per week after deductions and any weeks you earn more than this then you won't receive any ESA.

You need to send the PW1 form to DWP and not your local job centre. You won't be expected to see a work coach because you're in the Support Group.

Do be aware though that if the work you do contradicts the reasons for your ESA claim then you could be re-assessed early and it could go against you when the decision is made on that re-assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.