Light touch PIP review over 65 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light touch PIP review over 65

Options
atlas46
atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
Hi

Got a letter today from DWP, to say I have now got an ongoing award for PIP, till July 2029.

I had not notified a change of circumstances.

I am 67 years young and am currently on enhanced for both components.

The letter explains, they looked at my previous claim form and supporting evidence, in making this decision.

I thought it important to update the community, as things might be moving in the right direction.

I am so relieved, I don’t have to go through the “assessment process”.

Best wishes

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    thanks for sharing Atlas ...good to know..and well done...

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news!!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @atlas46, no official notification has been made or declared by the DWP regarding this intention. If you have more information on this matter please post exactly what DWP have sent or informed you about the light touch situation.
  • wilko
    Options
    Sewell done atlas46, I posted on your previous post unaware you reposted the information I asked of you.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @wilko

I will try my best.

Page 2 of 9 of the letter states, “We will also contact you while you’re getting PIP to see if your needs have changed and to look at the amount you get.  This will be after 22 July 2029.”

On Page 5 of 9, it states, “When we made our previous decision we gave you PIP for a set time because we expected your needs to change.  I have reviewed the information and have decided that your needs are continuing.  I have decided to award you PIP for a longer time.”

In essence the DWP are now telling me I am a basket case now and for the next ten years, by which time I will be 77.

Not sure if they can make a case for ongoing award in 2019, that I will need an ATOS assessment in 2029, to confirm same.

Hope this helps.
  • wilko
    Options
    That’s that’s why you have been given a long award, LOL
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great news @atlas46! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.